Monday, August 6, 2007

Membership Database instead of ASPNETDB.mdf

Creating Membership Database into existing sql server database

Generally, ASPNETDB.mdf, file based database is created in App_Data folder when we start using ASP .NET Membership and Profile features to use Login Controls in our ASP .NET application. But, generally we would like to create these membership database objects in the same database that we have created for our application.

I have created a video that shows how to do that using aspnet_regsql.exe Sql Server Membership database registration tool.



1 comment:

Buzi said...

thank you for this video. I followed this video and my login controls do not work. I think I didn't make the changes in my website configuration to use the existing database but I'm not sure how to do it. Could you post a video about this?

Thanks !!

 
Dotster Domain Registration Special Offer